Monday, June 05, 2006

Wedding Fun!


My friend's wedding in Indiana this past Friday was just lovely! We had the perfect window of weather. It was held outside at a local park with a Bridal Glen. It had rained the night before, was overcast all day, and shortly before the wedding the sun broke through the clouds and provided a gentle brightness and warmth. The ceremony was beautiful - the bride's dress was unique and beautiful, just like herself. We all started to tear up when she entered, especially because the groom got a tad teary himself. She truly found a winner! After the ceremony everyone arrived at the reception venue and once safely inside it poured down rain. But as you can see from the picture above the clouds moved off and the sun returned, providing us with a glorious rainbow backdrop.

As I have known this friend since the fourth grade and was her maid of honor I was emotional throughout. She is a strong and beautiful person who has found such a good match and I'm so happy for them both. They have a beautiful little girl together, the groom has a son, and my friend also has an older daughter, so this wonderful day knit their family together forever (I had to get a knitting comment in!). Here is the bride and her daughters, all gussied up for the big day!

I also had the opportunity to catch up with another high school friend (on the right below) that I hadn't seen or talked to in years. We had a lot of fun reconnecting and I look forward to keeping in touch with her. I got to know the other bridesmaid better (on the left, which leaves me in the middle), and hope we can spend some more time together on my future visits to my hometown, Fort Fun. We clearly had a blast!

More on the felted bag tomorrow!
Tschuss, machts gut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home