Thursday, July 20, 2006

Random Thursday

I've been rather distracted this week as I finish up at the theatre but when I start my month off I'm sure I'll have a lot more to write about. Also, the computer is threatening to freeze up so I'm rushing to get this post in before this happens.
Remus is the youngest and most photogenic of our three cats. Abraham is quite handsome as well, but as he has never never been a lap cat he has never provided such an irresistible photo op.
I've been working on several small knitted gifts for coworkers that I don't want to go into detail about in the off chance that any of them actually read my blog. I'll be sure to post some pictures after I've gifted them. I will say that they involve knitting with cotton. For the first time in my life I knit so much cotton that my hands finally said enough already we need a break from this inelastic fiber! So I turned to the ever patient Pearl Buck Swing Jacket and all the sproingy goodness of the extrafine merino. I'm discovering as so many others have in this knitalong how enjoyable and easy to knit this pattern and it's charts are. It is sure to become a favorite.
I will leave you with this gift certificate provided stash enhancement. The yarn in the foreground is destined to become a Charlotte's Web shawl after I admired Christine's from Big Pink Cookie (see link in sidebar) I knew I wanted to make one. The Cashsoft will likely become a hat or scarf, and most exciting of all is the ball winder. I wound several stash items in celebration of this acquisition.
Tschuss!

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remus is gorgeous! I have this thing for tuxedo cats. My mom has two and I have one and he's a fatty. I can't wait to see how the Pearl Buck jacket turns out because I have that on my list.

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thx for the link! I had not seen it. The YH is amazing. Am anxious to see your finished jacket. Great color. I love that type of modern-retro pattern.

I am coveting your ball-winder....

Mel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home