Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Yarn Harlot comes to Austin!

The excitement is building over the impending visit of the Yarn Harlot here in Austin! If you live on another planet and did not know this, live in the vacinity, and would like to come, please note that it is an RSVP event. She will be speaking and signing her third book, Knitting Rules!, hosted by Hill Country Weavers on South Congress. The actual event takes place at the Baptist church just down the street. For more information and to RSVP please click the link in my sidebar. I swear I will take the time during my self imposed period of unemployment to learn how to properly link within the text of my post. I'm sure it's much easier than it seems.
For someone who now has so much free time I feel quite busy! I tend to create projects when I'm around the apartment. Like this nifty little bag. I've seen others like it being sold online and thought surely I can put something together with some of the fabric in my sewing room that I can't seem to get rid of. Ta da! I rather like it. A sock fits in it just perfectly and you can hang it in the crook of your arm and knit on the bus, or while your waiting in line to have your book signed by the Harlot!
While I was at it I decided why should I keep the sock knitting bag to myself? If you are going to be at the Harlot event or if you are coming to the knit bloggers gathering across the street at Guero's restaurant afterwards, I would be happy to trade a bag for a drink and/or something tasty to eat. Or just surprise me with a trade of some handspun or your own handmade craftiness of some sort. I'll have four, although I may offer one as a gift to Stephanie, since it was receiving her first book as a gift that led me to her blog and the knitblog community at large. As you can see I've just got them cut out here (they go together quickly) and the smaller turned up corner is the contrasting lining fabric. The exception is the daisy print which will be self-lined. Anybody have an opinion about which one I should give Stephanie?
Tschuss!

4 Comments:

At 6:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the daisy one. If I were the Harlot, that's what I'd go with. Hopefully see you there tomorrow!

 
At 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the daisy one too. That is too cute!

I feel like I'm stalking caro because this is the second blog this morning where I've commented right after her. Weird.

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll totally buy you lunch for either the blue or red one! Those are lovely!

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally I like the blue one you finished. But I tend to not be as hip and trendy as some of the young punks. See you tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home