Friday, September 29, 2006

Meet Mackie!

I got a new toy! Okay, a crazy expensive new toy. Actually, it's not even a toy but a tool for grad school, especially the potential thesis project I'm looking at with another student. Anyway, I have acquired a MacBook Pro. I have named him Mackie. He and I are beginning a wonderful relationship. Just look how happy I am with his PhotoBooth feature with it's fun effects options! Who wouldn't be happy?

I'm surprised at the Mac/PC debate that is initiated by my open love for Mackie. Some profess their mutual admiration while others declare their detestation or confusion with him. I have to tell you something. I realize that Macs and PCs are different but to me, they seem to do the same things. The commands seem to be the same, just in different places. I had a Mac desktop at the theatre for a year and a half and a PC desktop at home and although I did experience confusion it wasn't with one or the other systems, but both equally.

Mackie wanted to show you the sock I've started. Mackie will probably show you all the knitting from now on as the digital camera is out of date for him. I'm thinking of getting a new one, but next semester. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport Superwash Wool in the Icehouse colorway. They are a Christmas present for my friend Renee. Don't worry, she knows she's getting them. I hope you like the colors Renee! I was happy to find this colorway in the Superwash due to a little mishap that took place in her household. I knit a stranded colorwork togue that ended up going home with her daughter, Lauryn, and it accidently found it's way into the wash. You all know what that means. The hat is now big enough for the Barbie doll to wear! It happens to all of us at some point in time - that or pink socks. Maybe I should knit a little strap and it could be a Barbie felted handbag.

There is progress on Momma Snug, but nothing worth showing at this point.

Have a great weekend!
Tschuss.

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM , Blogger janna said...

Congratulations! I use a Mac (currently, an iBook G4, so I'm jealous of you and Mackie) at home and a PC at work (although the reason I became a Mac person is that we used to have Macs at work), and have no major problems going back and forth. There's the odd program or two that doesn't have an equivalent on both platforms, but all the big stuff (Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop) move between the two just fine.

 
At 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Mac!! I have a 3 year old Powerbook at home but I'm itchin for something new.

 
At 3:25 AM , Anonymous Traciwxtn said...

According to Allan Greenspan, author of The Age of Turbulence (2008), things have only gotten worse in regards to lack of job or career security, but at the same time this "new world" holds great promise and hope: "We are living in a new world-the world of a global capitalist economy that is vastly more flexible, resilient, open, self-correcting, and fast-changing than it was even a quarter of a century earlier." Marketing is one of the highest paying industry and indeed a blooming sector too. Even after the global economic meltdown, people from the marketing sector are enjoying bonuses and other financial perks. At first, you may find the work a bit unrelated, as marketing professionals are responsible for the promotion of an organizations services and products in such a way that it will strike the targeted peoples mind immediately. It doesnt consist of complete office work. It has field work too. Thus, the salary for marketing professionals initially ranges around $34,000. Educational Attainment This cuts down on the time needed to obtain the degree. This can be an attractive attribute for someone wanting to start a new future career but they do not want to invest four years into a degree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home