Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back to the grind...

I was quite busy as soon as I returned from Indiana. I cut and constructed two dresses for a production of "Present Laughter" at the Zach Scott Theatre here in Austin. Remus and Abe both like to lay behind the sewing machine when I work at home. Here is Remus looking rather content to rest his head in the opening of my dutiful Kenmore. I have an Elnita, a higher quality machine, but it is having some tension issues and needs a servicing. The Kenmore is always happy to get out and handles well. I'm lucky to have an extra to fall back on.


As for knitting content, this is a closeup shot of the poncho/capelet that my mom requested for Christmas. She intuitively wore a dark shirt underneath to show off the pattern. This is the third of these that I have made and I think it is the best of them. I used Jaegger DK Extrafine Merino that That Guy brought back from Ireland. It has much better stitch definition than what I used previously.

Today was my first day of classes - delayed by two and a half days due to a spectacular ice storm in central Texas. Normal fare for a midwestern girl but not for southerners. They simply don't have the equipment to deal with the ensuing road conditions. It made for two lovely days of being a bit of a shut in. Now it is back to the grind! I'll have some icy photos for you tomorrow.

Tschuss.

4 Comments:

At 5:33 PM , Blogger janna said...

You know, some of my co-workers talked about how bored they were, shut up for 3 days, but I had no problem keeping myself entertained!

Remus is so cute -- the little white chin is exactly like my poor late Charlotte's!

 
At 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photo of kitty with the sewing machine. Awesome.
I was seriouly dragging my feet to go back to work today. I didn't want to leave the house!

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger meg said...

great pic of the kitty. so cute.

the lace is looking fab!

 
At 3:20 AM , Anonymous Jessie Carter said...

Fire Truck 2 train games for toddlers, train games, free train. train games, train games toddlers :Drive and balance your monster truck as you keep. train games for toddlers free train games train games online railway games. Truck Games Monster Truck Demolisher 100000 Free Online Games. Game Monster Truck Demolisher What s the point in driving a monster truck if you can t. � 2010 100000 Free Online Games (FOG) Valid: XHTML CSS Free Over Size Game. Play Online Over Size Free Game We Picked Up Best Games for You on DIRTBIKEGAMESFREE.INFO info[at]dirtbikegamesfree.info Dirt Bike Games at FreeGames net Play Online Games. There are many cool. 3D Army Defense Driving Escape. Free Online for Girls and Kids 2 Free Racing Games at. Check out 2 exclusively at Candystand com! Smash the competition and race all-new courses in this bone. Play Free Games; Play Flash Games; Play Shockwave.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home