Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year indeed

There has been a lot of traveling since Dec. 27th. I flew to Indiana and then drove with my parents up to Wisconsin to visit with 2nd sister, the brother-in-law, and of course, the adorable nephew. On the way there mom and dad attended a wedding in the north Chicago suburbs while I visited a former favorite shop in Evanston, IL. Vogue Fabrics! I managed to do some damage to the wedding account by purchasing my dress fabric.

Once in Wisconsin I tried out my sister's wheel. Now I want one. I'll post some pics of what I spun, plied, and knit soon. In the meantime, here is one of the Christmas knits.

The always cute Lauryn models her hat. Pink and black yarn by Nashua, a mohair/wool blend. The white yarn is some old stash yarn. I learned in a roundabout way what happens when you carry one yarn under and the other over - one becomes dominant. In this case, the pink sits a little higher up than the black. The white also recesses a little. We like it though, and the pink spirals in as the decreases occur. The pattern is something I made up, although the twisted band that I began it with came from a book of folk hats that I copied out of years ago from the Evanston Public Library. They had a much better collection of knitting book than Austin has - I checked out several Elizabeth Zimmerman books there when I first started knitting.

More pics to come once I have more regular wi-fi access! I hope you all had a safe and happy new year.
Tschuss.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home