Tuesday, November 07, 2006

One sock finished!



I really enjoy knitting socks. Turning the heel always makes me feel smart. This sock is always being photographed by Mackie's Photo Booth feature, and the colors are way off. Although the colorway is a vibrant blend of blues and greens, it is not, as these pictures might imply, glowing in a radioactive manner. I shared it with one of my colleagues in the costume shop today and they commented that from a distance the way the colors patterned out reminded them of the earth - the green pools in such a way as to suggest continents adrift in the ocean.

Enough with the waxing poetic. Last week was a doozy and this week is shaping up to be the same way. We had a final fitting last Friday so it was push push push to get done in time. I worked for a 13.5 hour block of time on it Thursday, starting at 4pm after classes ended. You can do the math on that one to figure out what time I hit the hay. I have to trick myself into thinking of it as one long day with a nap in the middle of it in order to keep going. Needless to say, I slept for 12 hours the next night.

This week we are finishing the costume for first dress on Saturday. In addition to that I've got to finish my felt hat as it is also a costume piece for the show, pull another hat because I can't keep my mouth shut (I actually volunteered to pull it for my friend as she isn't in the millinery class, she will do all the trimming. Brilliant!) and finish up a boatload of writing. I'm actually writing this as a way to avoid the writing I should be doing for class. Sometimes I have to take little breaks in order to make room in my head for other ideas. Or so I tell myself...

It is looking as though I probably won't make it to the Kid and Ewe Fiber Festival in Boerne. I'm hoping that will change because really, are there any other fiber festivals in Texas? How can I continue to feel complete without going to one?

Note to family and friends: my cell phone is not working and I'm not sure when I'll have time to sort that out. You can reach me at the home phone or via email if necessary.

Wish me luck! Or at least the mental and physical stamina to get through it all!
Tschuss!

5 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Help! Help! I can't find your e-mail address anywhere, and I neeeeeeeed to bring prints to you at Kid & Ewe, or mail them next week if you are not there. Plus I wanted to bring two, and I have the "Big Sky" photo ready, but wanted to pick another one for you.

Can you e-mail me when you have a moment? christine at my domain will get to me.

I hope you can make it to Kid & Ewe, at least for a bit on Saturday. I reeeeeeaaaaally want to see you. Otherwise, I am thinking a trip to Austin in the next few weeks is in order. :-)

 
At 6:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow girl! Sounds like you're super-busy. When do you get time to knit?

We'll miss you at Kid n Ewe :(

 
At 12:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll totally miss you at Kid n Ewe. You can always give any of us a shout if you need to come up for air and have a bev and knit.

 
At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo! It sounds like you're way hard at work, but you definitely need a break to check out the Kid & Ewe!

 
At 8:13 AM , Anonymous Jacksonfjba said...

Hoodias popularity stems from claims that the tribemen of the Kalahari desert relied on hoodia for thousands of years to ward off hunger and thirst during long hunting trips. What is your next step now? Well, I highly suggest that you should check out Unique Hoodia weight loss pills, I have heard that it is the most effective Hoodia Gordonii appetite suppressant. Unique Hoodia Where To Buy Daidaihua. Apart from that is has been proved that it encourages healthy glucose and cholesterol levels in the blood. Rexhall industries rexhall r v service buyer beware class a motorhomes with no quality control.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home