Thursday, October 12, 2006

Goings on...

Ta da! Welt pockets! These are my vest fronts for tailoring, complete with their handsome welt pockets. Note that I had to line up my pinstripes. Also note the dart under the bottom welts. This drew the pinstripes in ever so much which forced me to steam and skooch and press the welt until they lined up. I love wool!

A close up. So pretty.

And for your knitting enjoyment...a turned heel. I feel right smart this week! Highlights for today: I got to use a bansaw, a rotary sander, and a drill gun. Power tool high!

Tchuss!

2 Comments:

At 6:36 AM , Blogger Lynn One, Purl Two said...

i've tailored a suit before too!!! that's no easy task... good for you! welt pockets can be little jerks... it looks like you're doing a beautiful job! your blog is great. i shall be back.
lynn.

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Christine said...

WOW. I don't know how to sew, but being raised by a great seamstress, I was taught to spot good work. THAT is some GREAT work. I am impressed!

Be careful with those power tools!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home